Filmmaker Kenneth Branagh is back in the awards hunt with his new drama “Belfast,” and the film is garnering further interest due to its six Oscar nominations, including Best Picture. Based in part on Branagh’s experience as a child growing up in Northern Ireland, “Belfast” has garnered critical acclaim since hitting the festival circuit last fall and winning the very coveted Peoples’ Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival.
But you might be wondering where is “Belfast” available? Will it get a streaming version? All your burning questions are answered below.
Is “Belfast” still in theaters?
Yes, ‘Belfast’ is still playing in select theaters nationwide. Check your local listings. It was originally released by Focus Features on November 12.
Does “Belfast” stream anywhere?
“Belfast” isn’t currently streaming on any existing service, but you can watch the film at home by purchasing it digitally. It is available through Apple, Amazon, Vudu and other online retailers.
What is “Belfast”?
Written and directed by five-time Oscar nominee Kenneth Branagh, “Belfast” is a semi-autographic film about a young boy named Buddy who lives in Belfast, Ireland in the late 1960s. His childhood is uprooted when war civilian reaches Belfast, forcing his close-knit working-class family to choose between their beloved hometown and greater safety.
Check out the trailer here.
Who is in the cast of “Belfast”?
- Jude Hill as Boyfriend
- Jamie Dornan as Dad
- Caitriona Balfe as Ma
- Judy Dench as Grandmother
- Ciarán Hinds as pop
- Lewis McAskie as Will
What Oscars was ‘Belfast’ nominated for?
“Belfast” is nominated for the following Oscars:
- Best Picture
- Best Director
- Best Supporting Actor – Ciarán Hinds
- Best Supporting Actress – Judi Dench
- Best Original Screenplay
- Best Original Song
- best sound
Are there any other Kenneth Branagh movies streaming?
- “Artemis Fowl” (2020) – Disney+
- “Murder on the Orient Express” (2017) – Spectrum, or available for rental and purchase on Redbox, iTunes, YouTube, Amazon, Vudu and more
- “Cinderella” (2015) – Starz and DIRECTV, or available to rent or purchase on Redbox, iTunes, YouTube, Amazon, Vudu and more
- “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit” (2014) – AMC+ and Fubo, or available to rent or purchase on Redbox, iTunes, YouTube, Amazon, Vudu and more
- “Thor” (2011) – Disney+. Also available for purchase or rental on Redbox, Amazon, YouTube, iTunes, etc.
- “As You Like It” (2006) – HBO Max
- “Hamlet” (1996) – Hoopla, or available for purchase or rental on Redbox, Amazon, YouTube, iTunes, etc.