Hello friends! I’m back with your new edition of the Orange County Daily. Let’s start this week off right, with a quick dive into the most important things happening in the city.
A boost for your business!
If you have a local business in Orange County, don’t wait! Our readers want to know what you do in the community. Do you sell real estate? Provide courier service? Solar panels? Whatever you do, the Orange County Daily can help you introduce your growing business to our readers and the community! Contact me today for a shoutout in The Daily and to learn more.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Nice with clouds and sun. High: 79 Low: 62.
Congratulations to our first local sponsor:
Injured in a car accident? Ryan Cooper is a local attorney at Fielding Law, a client-focused law firm specializing in personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, trips and falls, and dog bites. Ryan was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers and has a perfect 10/10 rating on Avvo.com. He is easy to talk to, passionate and ready to fight for you. You deserve the best in Orange County — contact Ryan today.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are today’s top stories from Orange County:
- New studies have found a “100-fold increase in monarch butterfly populations” in Southern California after a shocking decline. “Backyard scientists” have planted milkweed “to encourage reproduction” of the beautiful orange and black butterflies, and studies show it helps. Many Californians have planted native milkweed to attract breeding monarchs to their home gardens and nearby parks, leaving scientists to wonder if this is a trend or a temporary increase. You can read more about this story here: (Orange County Registry via Facebook)
- The countdown has begun! Get ready to enjoy classic and recent movies with friends and family at Sunset Movies at local OC Parks. The Sunset Cinema movie series takes place on Friday nights, starting June 17 and running through September 2. Films will begin at sunset at Craig Regional Park, Carbon Canyon Regional Park, Yorba Regional Park, Irvine Regional Park, Laguna Niguel Regional Park, and Bluff Park at Salt Creek Beach. Park officials recommend arriving early to take advantage of “pre-show entertainment, games, and great seats!” Snacks and refreshments will also be available. (OC Parks)
- Did you know that Irvine Regional Park spans 477 acres, making it nearly the same size as Disneyland? Irvine Regional Park also celebrates its 125th anniversary this year, with monthly guided hikes showing off all the park has to offer. Mark your calendar! The next hike will be on June 12, park officials said. Irvine Regional Park offers miles of hiking trails with ancient trees, features a 1/3 scale railroad, and is home to the OC Zoo. The park also has an equestrian center and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983 as an “area of significance” for recreation and architecture. (Orange County Registry via Facebook)
- You can catch the original Wizard of Oz movie in theaters across the United States on Sunday, June 5 and Monday, June 6. Special screenings of the classic 1939 film must honor what would have been Judy Garland’s 100th birthday, according to a press release from Fathom Events. Find out where the movie shows your area here: (Fathom Events)
Today in Orange County:
- Voting Center – Huntington Beach Public Library. (8am)
- Social Media and Marketing Committee – Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce. (10:30 a.m.)
- Tape cutting for Genie Car Wash – Tustin Chamber of Commerce. (1 p.m.)
- Veterans Advisory Committee Meeting – City of Placentia – Committee and Commission meetings. (4 p.m.)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (June 6)
- Social Security Seminar – AM & PM! (June 9)
- The Best of SoCal, presented by Porsche Irvine. (June 11)
- Webinar on retirement taxes. (June 13)
- Hire a pro to clean up the yard for dad. (June 19)
- Add your event
Do you like the Orange County Daily? Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can sign up for free.
That’s all for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is an award-winning freelance writer, author and media producer. She is engaged in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.